Friday 8 July 2011

Multimedia & Wires

Ok, the tempered glass pane is ready, I got it earlier yesterday. That's definitely a good thing : I went to a little glass-house near Paris a friend of mine told me about, and it was 40€ cheaper than everything I had found on the internet, and the guy could have it done in 3-4 days. Definitely a nice place to go ! Bringing it back home on my bike was quite a pain in the bum though ('should have taken a picture)... !


Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about "how is the table going to interract with all the stuff I've got in my living room" and I've managed to find (after like litteraly hours of reflexion) a good setup for using the projector + the home theater, all from the table only.


Here's a chart I've done to illustrate the set up : it's the simplest way I've could have done it (the macbook 2008 doesn't have the sound going through the miniDVI port, and thus I couldn't just plug the HDMI cable from the Macbook to the Home Theater... Too bad) :



Everything is ordered (mainly on Amazon.co.uk & Amazon.fr) and I've already received almost all of the cables & devices. The HDMI splitters & Switch are active devices, I've checked a lot of forums before buying ;)

With that set up, I'll be able to control all the music from the table (and then with my actual computer switched off), but also play movies & TV Shows directly from the table too, using my NAS as storage (the projector being over the table, in front of the sofa).


I'll be posting this very weekend with the some pictures & movies... If everything goes well !

No comments:

Post a Comment