Tuesday 3 May 2011

Acrylic ordered...!

I've been a bit quiet this last month, as I was waiting for the acrylic.

A colleague from work was supposed to help me with some "great friend who works as a machining technician" . I've been asking him every week for a month and a half, after having given him all the sizes and specs, "so when will I have my two acrylic sheets :D ?" but the only answers I had were "I'm on it, don't worry", "My friend's quite busy but I'll have'em by the end of the week"...

As we say in French, "on n'est jamais mieux servi que par soi même" ("if you want something doing, do it yourself"). I eventually ordered from Evonik Acrylics my two sheets : one to support the LCD screen and the difusers, the other one for the main display.

I can't properly test right now as because as the difusers aren't supported, they are dangling down and the blobs are like massively blurry.

The other issue I have is that the backlight is emiting two much IR : I'll try using the backlight from the 17" LCD screen with a lot of reflective areas in order not to loose too much lighting power !


I'll post some pictures of the project soon enough !

No comments:

Post a Comment