Tuesday 31 May 2011

First test running

Ok, now everything's in place, with no - or almost - IR light pollution from the backlight. I've placed only one laser at a corner, the backlight on, and after a short calibration, I've been able to start the first test... And here's the result :



I've got to say that was really neat and accurate : there are 3 difusers + a 4mm thick acrylic sheet + a 4mm tempered glass pane between the fingers and the PS3 Eye camera.


After having put the LCD matrix ontop that set up, I started another test, but the result was really far from the first one... I almost couldn't see the blobs. I'm afraid the LCD matrix is blocking IR light around 780nm... !!

If this is correct, I'll have to switch for some 850nm as I'm sure they'll be ok from another post on nuigroup.com, using the same Samsung LCD TV.

We have this 4-day-long weekend in France this week, I'll try to give it a shot and see if I can manage to improve the lighting, in order to keep this lasers : four 850nm 10mw lasers are worth ~100€ + 20€ for the 850nm IR filter...!

No comments:

Post a Comment