Thursday 31 March 2011

Lense delivered ! At last !

I just received from dealextreme.com my 2.1mm lense for m12...! Almost 20 days after having placed the order... As I need a second PS3 Eye camera (because my table is only 20cm high), I'll order it with a DIY lense kit from Peauproduction.




It looks pretty neat, I'll be testing that tomorrow night ! As it won't cover the whole display (32" is too big to be seen from only 20cm), I'll set the resolution to like 800*600 in native (in order to reduce the display size).


I've read in this post that some people had a some issue with the backlight (and especially with the 32LG3000 tv I've bought). It seems to be emiting quite a lot of IR arround 780nm, leaving some massive light pollution... As I don't have the same setup (he has a pane of glass directly under the LCD screen that - of course - reflects a LOT, as I only have a couple of diffusers (with the reflective side up). I hope that'll do the trick, but I'm still thinking about switching to 850nm in case that something's wrong.


I'll be posting the results during this weekend...

1 comment:

  1. Your table is looking beautiful so far, really looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I had planned on building an MT table and creating the table/frame myself, but that Ikea table looks too good to pass up, I think I'm going to end up stealing your idea ;-) (Although I think I'm going to go DSI instead of LLP).

    Please let me know how well the camera works out at that range.

    ReplyDelete