Thursday 24 March 2011

Installing the LCD

Okay, now, I need to make everything go inside... Quite complicated actually ! The table is very small and the screen quite massive in comparison.

I've taken as main computer for my table my girlfriend's old laptop (not that old actually) that has its screen smashed up, and the battery dead : perfect for what I need !

It's a MacBook, Core Duo 1.83GHz with 2GB Ram and 60Gb HD. The GPU is rubbish, but that should do the job.



Using a laptop is handy, as it takes a lot less space and gives off less heat (and has a remote control in my  case :D).

Now trying to fit everything in the table :



Hum, that'll do it, but it's tight... A few screwing / cutting later :






And that's it ! With a couple of modifications, it'll be amazing. The tempered glass over it makes the table very solid, and I just need to add some silicon to make it waterproof (that's still a coffee table, isn't it?).

Next steps : placing the fans to make it even cooler (no pun intented) and test the lasers. And I'm still waiting for my lense...

For the second cam, I'll order at PeauProduction with everything already modified... !

No comments:

Post a Comment