Thursday 24 March 2011

The 32" TV screen

I've ordered on eBay a 32" LG LCD TV from a very nice guy from Auvergne in France, a 32LG3000. That model was used by a guy on nuigroup.com and I knew it hadn't any FFC issue.

Except the fact that I had to take a day off a friday to wait for the delivery and that the bloody f****g ars****le that was supposed to drop it pretended I wasn't there (typical), I've got to say I'm very pleased with that order.




The 32LG3000 is only 2 years old, has a quite nice contrast ratio and is HD Ready (and not Full HD). For MT purpose, HD ready can be better, as it has more spaces between the pixels and the IR light seems to go easier through it (apparently). Anyway, a HD ready is often cheaper and will use less CPU usage for native resolution display, so that's still good news :)



The disassembly is quite straight forward too, nothing really annoying with it.





A good thing to do is to take a picture of every component before unplugging it to be sure to know how to replug everything. Here are some of those pictures I've taken. 










And here is the LCD matrix. Actually, I've got to say it's bigger than I expected ! I can't wait to test it....

No comments:

Post a Comment