Saturday 16 July 2011

A bit of calibration...

Since my previous tests, I've been able to work on the blob detection a bit, and try to begin a calibration. That's quite hard actually, I litteraly spent hours on all the blob detection.

My first calibration was ok, but not as good as you'd want it to be : it detects blobs but it's not always accurate, and the blobs on the sides easily break, meaning that the computer doesn't detect one blob (with a particular blob ID) and keep with it until my finger leaves the table, but it will detect several following blobs. This would result as, for example, the computer thinking I've spammed the mouse click on a file or a folder, instead of a hold click.

Here's the result :



However, I almost finished the table design, and I just need to hide the white / ugly frame around the LCD matrix. I'll use some black glossy thick paper and that'll do the trick.

Here are some pictures of the modified Ramvik table so far :



2 comments:

  1. Hello
    Nice Work... i discovered this blog yesterday and since then, i read every word in it almost three times...

    I have a project like this... a Touch Screen Coffee Table in my living room and i have some questions before i start

    1- you put the acrylic sheet on top of the table and under it there is the TFT matrix that you extracted from a normal Slim TV and under that is the eye my question is how come the eye sees your diffused IR since the TFT matrix is in between, and i only can assume that the TFT matrix is transparent to the IR is this right

    2- due to the lack of IR lasers in my region ( i live in the middle east) can i use and array of IR lights that shaped as an L shape around the edges of the table...
    above the acrylic sheet

    thank you and i will post my results soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. The looks really great. Most of these smaller details are usually created employing wide range of heritage knowledge. I would like all of it substantially. gecey

    ReplyDelete