Saturday 16 July 2011

Lowering the camera

Ok, now that everything's in place and that the lasers can be correctly used, I had a bit of an issue : with its only 20cm high, the 32" screen couldn't be entirely seen by the camera, even with a fish eye lense...

I thought about adding another camera, but I'm getting short on money, and another camera would mean : the actual camera + IR filter + lense mount + lense.

As the Ikea Ramvik coffee table is roughly 40cm high, which is actually enough for my camera. I then cut a hole inside the table and placed the camera on the ground plank, like this :


To fix the camera, I used an empty DVD box, in which I've cut a hole for the lense : it works quite well !
I can now see the whole display, and can get started for the real stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment